Wednesday 18 May 2011

Indian Honey

Mizoram is where I tasted the best honey I ever tasted. Even now I'm eating it. I'm eating it right now. That's why I decided to write about Mizoram honey, because it tastes so good. An ode. It deserves an ode. Oh Albertan honey is good, yeah, but it's honey-flavoured (I thought) and I can take that flavour or leave it. But in Mizoram, the honey is dark, like dark ale, or maple syrup, which is what it tastes like. Maple syrup, honey mixed and sweeter still, with a but of fruitiness.


For the first time in my life I'm happy to eat honey by the spoonful. Now our big rum bottle full of dark Mizoram honey is almost gone. We had to lay the bottle on its side to get the last drops out of it. It's so sad, knowing it will soon be gone forever.
Chester the beekeeper from Bluffton bought a bottle of Thai honey off the back of the motorbike lady store, but he knew instantly it was imitation honey. Crap. Cheap crap. You can't fool us. Crap concoction made from fruit juice and syrupy sugar water.


It's important you know about this fake honey, because it's beginning to appear on the store shelves at home. It may cost a lot less, and say on the bottle it's a product of Canada, but it's just cheap fake honey from China. Don't save money that way. I love China and I love honey (now) so I'm not going to disrespect either by buying that fake stuff at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment